Friday, January 18, 2013

Recruitment Day 3: Philanthropy Day





Sweater: Jcrew, Jeans: Free People, Necklace, Thrift Store, Boots: Nordstrom

Philanthropy day was a bit more formal than the previous day of recruitment. Instead of going to casual parties at all four houses, we only went to three houses of our choice. Every sorority chapter throughout the country has it’s own philanthropy that they support. So on philanthropy day we learned about each of the chapters specific philanthropies and did a small service project that benefitted their charity. On this day we were told to wear jeans and a nicer top than the previous day. It took me a while to put an outfit together that fit the criteria, but after seeing what some other girls is my dorm were wearing, I settled on this one. I chose this cream sweater from Jcrew because it was simple but not too casual. I wore my same go-to jeans from the day before and added my favorite statement necklace for a fun pop of color. Lastly, I wore my brown Nordstrom boots to top it all off. The classic shape and color of the boots bring a casual vibe to the look but the high heel of the boot adds a touch of sophistication. I really enjoyed philanthropy day. After such an overwhelming first day of recruitment, it was nice to get a second look inside each of the houses and also do something nice for the chapter philanthropies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment